Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tornado Siren

I wanted to post this last night...

Next time the tornado sirens go off, I would love Matt to be home with us!

It was a challenge getting all three kids plus a dog into the basement bathroom last night. And not knowing what was going on.

We were eating supper and I noticed it turning dark really fast. As I turned the TV on, the sirens went off. I didn't watch to see what was going on, I just got the kids downstairs as fast as I could!

While we were hiding out, I kept coming upstairs to watch TV, but then the kids would yell, "Mom, what is taking you so long?" I said, "Just stay down there, I'm watching the weather!"

And yes Matt, I know you were at a work meeting and really couldn't come home in the middle of it. Yes, I would rather have you in a basement during a tornado siren than racing home to be with us. We were fine, but I am very thankful that you came home as soon as the storm passed!

No comments:

Post a Comment