Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dance or swimming lessons?

I am delaying housework, can't you tell?

Since Christian is about a month old and I am feeling pretty good, I feel like we can FINALLY get our summer started. One thing I really want my girls, especially Megan, to do this summer is to take swimming lessons. I started calling around today to see if I could get my girls in anywhere. They start the 2nd session next week at the public pools and they fill up quickly, so I wanted to see what my options were. Well, the two closest pools only have one spot left for level 2 and none really for preschoolers. They are $40 for 8-45 minute sessions,which is fine.

My trouble was that while I was on the phone, I have a 6 year old in the background who starts to cry. I said, "Megan, what is wrong??" She responds, "I don't want to take swimming lessons, I want to take dance class. Swimming lessons are boring!" We had talked about getting her into a dance camp this summer, but we always talked about putting her into swimming lessons too!

I told her to calm down and we would see what we would find. Matt says she will not be able to ride the jetski if she doesn't take swimming lessons and I agree with him. I want to get her into dance too, but I just need to see how it will all work out.

This is what I found:
Dance Camp, Saddlebrook Community Center, 12-1 pm, all next week, classical ballet class

Swimming lessons, Montclair Community Center, 5:45-6:30 pm, starting July 19th-29th, Monday through Thursdays.

I think this will work! I can't really have swimming lessons in the morning and then rush her off to dance, so if we did swimming lessons in the evening, that might work the best! Now to go get her signed up before they run out of spots!

I'm going to feel like taxi driver the next 3 weeks- if we can make it work!

No comments:

Post a Comment