Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dress Shopping

Tonight, Matt was working late, so the girls and I went dress shopping. I always buy them new dresses in the spring and they are usually matching. :) Tonight we went to the usual place (Kohl's) to buy some spring dresses. Megan had found a couple of dresses and so did Courtney. When we went to try them on, Megan's dresses were either too long, too wide, or too short. Then Courtney tried hers on. Her dresses fit fine, but I didn't buy any for her because I'm not sure what I have in my attic from Megan (but I wanted to let her try some on too).

While we were there, we also found a set of matching dresses for the two girls. They were white with flowers on them with really cute straps. Megan's dress (size 8) wasn't long enough and on Courtney's (size 5), the straps kept falling off of her shoulders. They were also a little see-through. I said sorry girls and we moved on. I think they were a little diappointed, but once we left the dressing room, they seemed to have forgotten about them.

Our next stop was the mall. JCPenneys has nice dresses, but yet again, they had lots for Courtney and barely anything that would fit Megan. As we walked around the mall, we stopped in at Justice. I told them I'm looking for a size 7/8 for Miss Skinny Minny (Megan) and I said I want to pay under $20 if possible. They said their dresses are about $40,but it was 40% off right now, so they made it sound like a great deal...unfortunately, no dresses again.

Alright, we're done looking for dresses! We went to Payless and bought Megan some new sandals. Courtney again, didn't get any, even though she tried plenty of them on! I can take her shoe-shopping anytime, not so much the case with Megan because she is in school everyday.

Lastly we ended up at the food court for supper. It was a very nice evening with the girls, they were very well behaved and listened well, but sometimes I wish Megan wasn't so skinny and I could find clothes to fit her! I'm not sure when or where our next stop will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment