Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wednesday Morning-Various Thoughts.:)

Today as we prepare to move to NYC, I was looking online at some more ticket options.

1.  I am already disappointed that we don't get to go to the top of the Statue of Liberty- maybe somebody will sell me their tickets when I get there!

2.  Matt and I were also interested in taking a tour of the NBC studios. You know, where they film the Today Show, the news at 5:30, and anything else that gets filmed at NBC in NYC, but as I was looking through their ticket information, we found out that the minimum age for the NBC tour is 6! What? And they have this minimum age due to security reasons. Security reasons?? What is our 3 year old going to do that security should be concerned?? Matt and I had to laugh about that one.

We haven't decided if we are going to split up as a family to go (Megan and I go on a tour while Matt watches Christian, then Matt and Courtney go on a tour while I watch Christian) or if we are going to skip the tour altogether. I personally don't want to be hanging out in NYC by myself!

3. It would be kind of neat to be there today on the anniversary of 9/11, but then again, the city will be crowded.  I think we are going to try to go to the memorial at the World Trade Center site.

4.  As I was watching the Today Show today, I noticed there weren't many people in the plaza. Maybe we won't have to get there at 7 am after all!

5.  I don't think we are going to go to the top of the Empire State Building either, I told Matt we should just find a very tall office building and go to the top floor- somewhere where it does not cost over $100!

6;  With all that being said, what is there left to do in NYC???  We thought about going to the Museum of Natural History because we watched "Night at the Museum" last year and the movie was based there, but I haven't looked into tickets yet for that yet.

7.  Central Park is always an option too. I know they have the Central Park Zoo.

8.  I will definitely need to keep looking for some more family-friendly things to do AND I probably need to come back someday to do all the things I couldn't do on this trip!!

__________________________________________________________________________________
Matt has worked all day Monday and all day Tuesday and the rest of us have kind of just hung around the camper and campgrounds.  I did laundry Monday and yesterday, we went into Mansfield and got some groceries.  We have played at the park, went exploring, played in the camper, cleaned up the truck and camper, and just relaxed.  It has been nice, but as we look towards the end of the trip, it is only going to get extended because of these days off from seeing places.  I want to get home two weeks from today, but I don't think that is going to happen.  We both knew our trip would get spread out more once Matt started working.  Luckily, Monday and Tuesday were the only two days he had to work the entire day, so from here on out, he is back to working half days.  He is going to the take the last week completely off so we can drive home.

I want to get home in two weeks because we have three things for the kids that are starting this week.  Classes at the Homeschool Learning Center start today, D6 starts at church tonight, and Megan starts dance class on Thursday.  I know we will miss this week and next week too, but I don't really want to miss three weeks!  As Matt and I were talking about our schedule, we don't think we're going to be back within two weeks! They might have to miss three weeks at their activities.  We have talked to all their teachers and they know our situation.

Since we have been at this campground for a week, we have gotten settled in here! Matt wants to take the rugs out of the camper today, shake them out, and sweep the camper out! It will be weird having the camper hooked up to the truck again today, it hasn't been hooked up in about a week.

We also need to find a Walmart somewhere along our trip today.  We found a Target yesterday in the local town, but they didn't have all the groceries we needed. Actually, they didn't have any fresh fruits, vegetables, or meat! They had about everything else we needed though! I laughed because they still put price tags on everything, even though they scanned them and had prices on their shelves.

Since we have been here so long, we are really getting fond of our campground.  Courtney is going to miss her bird-friends, Christian is going to miss the monster truck at the playground, and Megan will miss the pool.  (Where we are hoping to get a swim in before we leave today!)  It has just been a very nice campground and I would definitely come back! (The only down part is that if you go walking and exploring, you will find some campers that have definitely been here for years! They are covered in moss and/or are sinking into the ground! I will try to take some pictures today and post them- this is something you will never see in Nebraska!! Many people live at these campgrounds, it is quite common to see decks built onto campers, flower beds, and lots and lots more stuff around their campsite!)

We also get to drive through two new states today- Rhode Island and Connecticut.
We have already gone through 1. Nebraska 2. Iowa 3. Illinois 4. Indiana 5. Ohio 6. Pennsylvania 7. New York   We will add 8. Rhode Island and 9. Connecticut.  We are going to end up back in New York.  We are going to go through even more as we venture down to Washington DC.  Matt and I also agreed that we are going to take a different route home, we will be adding even more states to our adventure.

Ok, my kids have their swimming suits on and are ready to hit the pool, I better get off and get going for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment