Monday, September 30, 2013

Government shut-down??

Wow, aren't things exciting in our nations capital right now?? I kind of wish I was there again, but then again, not!

I would love to sit in the House or Senate galleries and watch them debate these bills! I still have my Senate passes that Lee Terry gave us while we were there. :)

On the other hand, if I had travelled 1300 miles and found that the Smithsonian museums were closed, I would be one upset tourist! It was bad enough for us that the White House and the Washington Monument were closed!

Plus all the national parks are slated to closed! Do you know how many national parks we went to??

1.  Boston Freedom Trail
2. State of Liberty
3.  Philadelphia and Independence Hall
4.  Gettysburg National Battlefield
5.  Smithsonian Museums in DC
6.  Famous Monuments in DC  (Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, etc.)
7.  Ford's Theatre
8.  St. Louis arch

There would be nothing left to do!

(Well, there would be, but you would be paying quite a bit on entrance fees and you wouldn't get to see so much cool stuff!) 

Anyway, I always enjoyed watching what was going on in politics, but now that I have been there and have seen everything first hand, it intrigues me even more!!

What is going to happen today???

(In the end, I am VERY happy we went when we did!)

No comments:

Post a Comment