Thursday, September 19, 2013

Low-Key Day today

We are currently hanging out by Washington DC.

We headed into the city yesterday and had a great time at the capital.  (I will blog more later)

We got to meet our Representative Lee Terry and he invited the girls to go onto the House of Representatives floor to vote with him! How awesome is that!

Unfortunately, they take all electronic devices away before you can go into the gallery of the House, so I didn't get any pictures. BUT we did find them on Cspan later. Our pictures are on Matt's facebook profile, but I can definitely see if I can put them on here too.

Today we were going to head back into DC, but plans changed at the last minute!

Matt got off work on time, but we had to move our camper to a different spot.  But before he could move the camper, I had taken his truck to haul my laundry to the laundry room here at our campground. It was too much for me to carry! (4 loads in all)

Once I got my laundry going at TWO different laundry rooms because I had so many loads and the washers were already in use, I got talking to a lady from California.  Pretty soon Matt came and found me because he needed the truck!

Eventually he found a new spot and got the camper moved.  Laundry was taking longer than expected.  My clothes weren't dry and I had to keep putting more money in, and of course the laundry room was quite a ways away (both of them!) I didn't know I needed more quarters until after I got there! I was very frustrated!

My laundry soap also spilled over a load I was hoping to wash tomorrow (so we could leave earlier today), but after it was covered in ALL detergent, I figured I should just wash it now! Ugh!!! Back to the laundry rooms!

By the time laundry was done and the camper set up again, it was already 2:30 in the afternoon!
Most things in DC close around 4:30-5 and it takes an hour to get to DC. Things weren't looking good.

Matt and I decided not to head into DC, but instead head over to Chesapeake Bay, it was only about 15 miles away and Matt is still determined that we are going to swim in the ocean on this trip!

We made it to this cute little town called North Beach.  We walked on the boardwalk for awhile, played on a wooden boat, giggled and laughed as the kids went up and down the slide over and over and over, and then headed off to get some groceries. Gotta love Walmart! (not Superwalmart though!)

On the way home, Christian fell asleep and took about an hour nap!

Guess who is still awake at 11 pm?? Yep, Christian!! He just asked me, "Is it waking up time yet?" Poor thing! This is why we don't nap anymore. :)

Anyway, we ARE going to DC tomorrow and Saturday and Sunday.  There is much to be seen, but it was nice to have a low-key day and just take a day off from site-seeing!

No comments:

Post a Comment