Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Present time- We have arrived at our last destination.

We pulled into Washington DC last night, this is our last stop on our tour of the east coast.

We are camping 23 miles east of DC, this was the closest campground available and it was one of the cheapest.  We will need to drive 15 miles to the nearest metro stop and then we will be on the furthest out metro stop from DC.  In order to get to the Capital, we will need to go through 9 stops.

Today I have a tour set up through Lee Terry's office for a tour of the capital building.  I downloaded my pictures from Philadelphia and Gettysburg today, so I have an empty memory card! People keep telling me to take lots of pictures and I usually take 200-300 a day! You know how hard it is to pick out pictures when I go to blog!

After our tour of the capital, I hope to get into the Supreme Court and maybe the Library of Congress too. Our problem is that Matt works in the morning and we probably won't get to DC until 2:00 and I am not sure how long our tour will last.  The Supreme Court closes at 4:30 and the last tour at the Library of Congress is at 3:30.  I think Matt said he would try to take all day tomorrow off so we can see more things during the day.

We might be seeing a lot of memorials in the evening!

I have a whole list of places I would like us to see before we leave.

I think our plan is to be here until Sunday and then head home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment