Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday evening

It is 10:20 pm and my kids got a second wind about 1/2 an hour ago! Where do they get all this energy, especially after the last two days that we have had??  Seriously, these kids have even been up since 6:30 am!! (And went to bed at 10:30 last night!)

We spent the last two days in New York City- the place I have always wanted to go! We pulled into our campground Wednesday night and we have only slept here. We haven't had any time to enjoy this nice park!  Both days we were up and on the train before lunch time.  We arrived home both days around 9:30 pm.  We knew that train tickets were half the price if you waited until 8 pm to come home from New York City.

I am very anxious to blog about New York City because we did some cool things! We saw Lady Liberty and were even on the Today Show. I think I took about 200 pictures yesterday and about 300 today! But before I blog about New York City, I still need to blog about our last day in Boston. I want to keep my entries in order.

In order to blog and do it right, I need three things. 1. Time (when I have no interruptions by children, which usually means when they are in bed before 10 pm) 2. Time (each blog entry with pictures takes at least an hour to write up and add pictures) 3. bandwidth. I need internet!

Now that we are running off our hotspot here at our campground, Matt doesn't really want me to use his Internet that he needs for work. We are a long ways from running out, but we still have at least another week where he needs to work from the camper.

Let me tell you, New York was fun! It was a lot crazier than Boston, people go, go, go and you better get out of their way! All of the sites were amazing, even though we didn't make it to all of them!

We saw the Statue of Liberty and 911 Memorial Plaza on Thursday and today we were on the "Today Show," walked by Radio City Music Hall, Times Square, had lunch, went through a Hershey's and M& M store, strolled through Central Park, walked to the UN Headquarters, and saw Trump Towers!We meant to go back to Rockefeller Center and explore, but we never did and we didn't get to the Empire State Building or Brooklyn Bridge either. I wish I would've know how many miles we walked these last two days!!! And these kids did great! We heard very little complaining out of them! (Even today when we were in New York City by 8:30 and left at 8:30 tonight!)

Again, it is already 10:30, too late to write up a blog about Boston. I promise, I will get to it soon! And then I need to start sorting through my New York City pictures!! maybe I will throw some teasers up. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment