Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Last night in Massachusetts!

Tonight is our last night in Massachusetts. Tomorrow we will start heading WEST! Wow, that was wierd to say!

We have been at this campground for a week and I am glad we had a nice break, but I am ready to move on.  There has been a lot to do in this area and we still didn't see it all. I wish we could've made it to Salem, Concord, and Lexington, but I guess you can't see everything!

The playground here has been awesome and deserves a blog post of its own. :)

There is a nice lake here with geese, ducks, and swans and Courtney could probably feed the birds all day and night if I would let her.

The people here have been super-friendly and accomodating! Our campsite was near the front of the campground, so it was easy to come and go. It was also right by the playground and the pool (which we only got to swim in once!)

Matt is working in the morning tomorrow and then we are heading to New York City!!!  We are staying at a campground 40 minutes north of the city along the Hudson River.  Can you believe this is the closest campground to NYC? There is one right in the harbor by the Statue of Liberty, it was $80 a night and was filled by the time I got around to making reservations, but most campgrounds were 50-70 miles away from the city! That is just crazy!  I think the one we have reservations at will be fine, there is a train stop less than a mile away. Matt is not scared to drive in NYC (he drove in Boston!), but we will probably be visiting during the week when the commuters take up the roads and parking garages. The train might just be easier and Christian will have a blast!  

Matt and I aren't sure how long we will be there. He is only going to NYC because I want to so bad.  He said he would be fine if we skipped it altogether. :(  I asked him what he wanted to do there and he really didn't care. As  look online, things are pricey in NYC.  We looked at going to the top of the Empire State Building and it was going to be over $100 for us! Wow!

I also looked into getting Statue of Liberty tickets today, I really want to climb to the top of her crown, but unfortunately, it looks like the tickets to go to the top are sold out and the next one available is in November. Super bummed! But we can still ride the ferry and go to her pedastal! I will take it!

I also want to try to get on the Today Show, but with our campsite being 40 miles away, I don't know if we could get there by 6 or 7 am.

After NYC, we are going to head to Philadelphia and after that, we are going to  make a stop at Gettysburg on the way to Washington DC.  I think we are going to be in DC for awhile. 

After that, we head home! Back to the real world and to school. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going great! Anxious for you to see the Statue of Liberty! Finally caught up on your posts....way to go. Enjoyed reading every bit of it!
    Love, hugs and prayers,
    Grandma Lu

    ReplyDelete