Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Writing Thank-you's

With my girls getting presents from other people when we had Christian, I thought it would be a good idea to have Megan write thank-you's. She needs to learn that writing thank-you's is very important and she can read and write, so why would it be so difficult??

Well, it took her 45 minutes to write 4 thank you's tonight! Each one was about 9-10 words! She complained, stopped writing, whined, got off her chair, misspelled words, delayed, delayed, delayed!!

Ahhh, I told her when it comes to her birthday, she needs to write every one! (Ok, I might help her because there will be quite a few, but tonight, I only asked her to write 4).

I really think this was an important lesson for her, not in just in thanking people for what they had given her, but also in how to write short letters. We learned where to put commas, apostrophes, which words to capatilize and how to word sentences. Everything she needs to know in the future (and things her teacher told us to work on over the summer).

1 comment: