Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Almost 41 Week Checkup- 5 Days Overdue

As of today, I am officially 5 days overdue- too early to have a baby yet, of course!

To spare a lot of the details of today's appointments (because they are too personal for my blog), here is the lowdown on the appointment.

I lost 3 pounds this week, gained 3 cm on my stomach , and am now 3 cm dilated!
Platelets were at 108,000, 60% effaced.

She also stripped my membranes today, but apparently that didn't work yet because I am still around!! Matt keeps reminding me not to give my hopes up and I'm not. I know I can sit here for a few days yet (or up to a week?). I am pretty sure I am not going to have a baby today AND I would really not like to be up all night having one either, so can we just wait until I get a good night's sleep and have a baby tomorrow?? (I am putting MY order in!!)

Just for the record, stripping my membranes worked really well with Courtney. I went into the midwife at 10 am and I was 4 cm dilated. She stripped them while I was there by 2 pm, I was back in the hospital having a baby. Courtney was born at 4:19 pm. That didn't happen this time!

I also went ahead and scheduled my week overdue bio-physical profile and non-stress test. My midwife said that if she schedules it, then I will have the baby and I would agree! We didn't even talk about induction today- I'm glad because I don't want to talk induction yet!

After I got home from the doctor today, I put the last things together incase we have to go in tonight. I also made some phone calls and made sure I had people I can call in the middle of the night. I called both grandma's and got their schedules for the next couple of days. The girls are excited. They know that if we are here in the morning, we haven't had the baby, but if we are not here and our neighbor is over here, then we are at the hospital.

Just for the record, when we leave for the hospital, I am not going to let anyone know. Sorry, but I think it's more fun that way! The only person who will know is the person who is watching our girls. We will let everyone know when the new baby arrives, so just hold tight!!

PS- We don't want to have a baby tomorrow anyway because it is mine and Matt's 10 year anniversary!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 10 Year Anniversary!! I've been thinking about you this week while I was running around town taking the girls to and from camp kindness. :]

    ReplyDelete