Thursday, June 24, 2010

My two week post-partum checkup

Yep, I went back to the midwife today too. It's been two weeks since I gave birth to that 9 lb. son of mine and my midwives always have us come back at two and six weeks for a checkup.

Everything is healing nicely, I will say without much details.

My platelets have soared- 174,000!! I don't ever remember them being above 150,000. My blood pressure was lower than usual and I even had them check my blood sugar. I have been having mini dizzy spells, so hopefully it's just that. I am hypo-glycemic already (low blood sugar), so I need to make sure I'm eating carbs or a protein every couple of hours.

I was reminded today that I am still only two weeks post-partum and can't be doing everything yet. I've been doing more lately around the house than usual and can feel it.

I am SOOOO ready to be done with recovery and get everything back to normal. I want to have the energy and stamina to walk to the park again! I feel like I am depriving my children of the short summer that they have. I can't even take them swimming yet because I am still recovering and might be for another month or so.

As for my weight, I have lost 20 pounds and have 16 more to go! Come on! I am ready to wear something besides gym shorts! I can get my jean shorts on, but I just can't breath in them and I don't want to go buy new ones, but I just might for the time being!! After I had Courtney, I was back into them by the 3rd day after delivery. Again, my midwife said to me today, "It is your 3rd one!" AHHH, I've heard that enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment