Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A change coming up!

Courtney doesn't realize it, but today is her last day of her being home by herself- ever.

Since Megan has been in school all day for the last year, it has just been me and Courtney at home during the day. She has gotten all the attention she has ever wanted! I can play with her and not be interrupted, we can talk about things, we can go places and it is quite easy with just one child! I am also fortunate that she can go off and play for hours and I get a couple hours to get things done during the day. She has nobody to fight with or bother her. She is a very easy child to take care of during the day!

We have had a great year together, but tomorrow is Megan's last day of school and then she will join us at home during the day.

I don't think Megan being home will really shake her world, but when baby brother arrives, it just might! Baby brother is not going back to school in the fall like Megan. After we get through the summer of three children at home (yikes!), Megan will go back to school in August. (I actually think having the baby AFTER Megan gets out of school will help tremendously with the transition. Courtney will have somebody to play with this summer while I take care of the new baby.)

Next fall, it will be Courtney, myself, and baby brother. She will no longer have 1-1 attention with everything, I will have to divert my attention to him, hopefully he will take great naps and I can still sit down and play with her! I don't think she has realized how lucky she has had it all year! (neither have I!)

It makes me sad that this is the end of a good year with Courtney, I have really enjoyed our time together and I have watched her personality blossom as she grew about a foot taller, but I am also anxious for the new chapter in our lives!

If only we weren't going from one child at home to three children at home within a couple of weeks (or sooner), I think the transition might be easier, but oh well, here we go!!!

1 comment:

  1. After you have two kids it's a walk in the park with child #3, #4, and/or #5 and so on and so forth. You'll see ...

    ReplyDelete