Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Goals for Today

Ok, not enough time yet to post about the rest of Christian's birth, but I had another quick one in mind for tonight.

When I got up this morning, I had these goals in mind for the day. Yes, I know I am taking care of a newborn plus two other girls, so I knew these would be far-fetched, but I wanted to see what I really got done by the end of the day.

1. Do laundry! Both girls were complaining that they had no underwear left in their drawers (and they really didn't!), so I thought I should do this one for sure! Well, I found they had quite a few pairs in a basket of clean, folded laundry in my bedroom (from before I had Christian). I also found Courtney had about 10 pairs of dirty ones on her floor!

Well, I did get all the dirty clothes down to the laundry room today, but never got one load in the washer! Uh-oh, I hope nobody else runs out of clothes tomorrow!

Maybe I can run down there tonight and get a load in. I still only have a small wardrobe since I have some baby weight to lose and with a newborn who spits up, poops, etc., I go through a lot of clothes! I am pretty much living in sports shorts and t-shirts. I tried my jean shorts on the other day and I have a long ways to go. I weighed myself yesterday and I only lost 13 pounds since the day I delivered, that means I have 20 to go! And I had a 9 pound kid! I don't understand! Hopefully I can find some decent clothes around here to fit, I have a wedding and a baptism to attend this weekend!

2. Call my grandma back. She had called yesterday while we had visitors and I didn't want to interrupt our guests, so I let her leave a message. I know if I call her back, I will talk at least 20-30 minutes. Well, I haven't found 20-30 minutes to spare. If Christian is sleeping, it usually doesn't last long and I either want to do some things with my girls or get something done around the house. Maybe tomorrow!

3. Clean the girls' rooms! Last night when I went to bed, I found a broken necklace on Courtney's floor. This is when I know it is time to clean bedrooms. (Of course, I said they needed to be cleaned before I had Christian!). I got Courtney's room clean today, most of it anyway, but haven't even started Megan's. I would usually fight with them to clean it and it takes a couple of hours, but I just did it today. I know they're not learning anything, but it gets clean faster and I had Courtney help me today, so she didn't get out of it completely.

4. Take Megan to school to pick up books from her teacher at 4:30. Check, got this one accomplished! We even went out for ice cream afterwards!

5. Give the girls and Christian a bath. Ok, the girls got them (thanks to Matt), but Christian did not. We want to videotape his first bath and need to figure out how to bathe a newborn again, so maybe tomorrow?

Tomorrow we are supposed to go to playgroup at 10 am. Yikes, 10 am! We're not usually up around here until 9, breakfast at 11, lunch around 2 or so. We also have to take Christian back to the doctor at 1:40 for another weight/ bili check. (The nurse actually asked if we wanted to come in the morning and I said no!, afternoon please!)
I told the girls we would TRY to make playgroup, I think it would be good for them to go, but the question is whether we can get out the door or not by then!

PS I have also broke out in a rash on my stomach, so maybe a goal for tomorrow would be to figure out where it came from!

No comments:

Post a Comment