Sunday, June 6, 2010

2 days overdue

I should start a countdown on my blog of how many days overdue I am. I went to church today and everywhere I went I got a look of "What are you still doing here???" Well, obviously, I haven't had the baby yet!

The next question after "What are you still doing here?" was "When are you being induced?" I answered with, "Not until I have to." Some people looked at my like I was crazy, yet some understood. I told them that at the earliest I would want to be induced is 10 days overdue, I'm not quite there yet, so I am just holding tight. I want what is best for me and my baby and I believe the best is to let him come on his own. Plus since I am not getting an epidural, natural labor contractions are a lot easier than pitocin-induced ones!

If it comes down to it and we are 10 days overdue and no baby, I will agree to get induced. I went 14 days over with Megan and her placenta was deteriorating, so I don't know if I want to take that risk again. (Of course, we will have an ultrasound and non-stress test on a week overdue and hopefully if things are good yet, they will let me go a little bit longer).

I told people if I was in church next Sunday, then we haven't had the baby yet...but if we were gone, we probably had the baby or we are in the hospital. Or...if we have it early enough this week, we might be in church next week with our new baby boy! Who knows!

I told Matt I was going to walk around the block today every hour to see if things will get moving! I haven't done it once and it's already 3:00!

Courtney came on her own and so this morning at breakfast, we were asking her what the secret was. Why did she decide to come out? What did she do? Obviously, she didn't have an answer!

Some quick facts:
1. There were 5 of us ladies from my church due to have babies last week and everybody else has had thiers except for me.
2. Megan and Courtney were both born on Mondays- will this baby follow the same pattern?
3. I have not had a baby in less than 8 days overdue- seriously, can we break this trend?

1 comment:

  1. What can I say? It's all been said...
    Prayers going up, blessings will come down...

    ReplyDelete