Sunday, June 27, 2010

Vacation Bible School!

This week, the girls had an opportunity to attend vacation Bible school. There is a little baptist church by our old house and Megan had gone there to Bible school when she was 3 and 4. We haven't gone the last two years, but I drove by the other day and noticed that they were advertising for Bible school again! I went home and signed the girls up!

It went Monday through Thursday from 6-8 pm. This was perfect time for us! I saw some churches that had it from 9-12, but I didn't think we could make it, we're not out of bed til 9 on some days!

I thought this would be a good thing for the girls to do. We haven't done much this summer besides have a baby and the girls have been at home a lot. We haven't been to the spray park, swimming pool, camping, or anything yet. I thought this would give them a break from the house and give them something fun- and boy did they have fun!

We signed both girls up and they ended up being in the same class together. Courtney was technically supposed to be in the preschool class, but they put them together on accident. I think it was good though- Courtney could stick next to Megan and I think Megan likes playing "mother" to Courtney. It was good for everyone, except one night, Courtney came out and said, "Mom, I didn't make any friends my size!" There was only one other girl and two boys in their class. And Courtney was even dancing with one of the boys on Wednesday night!

Hats they made one night:




During Bible school, they learned a Bible verse, had a bible story, did a craft, sang songs, and had crafts. My girls loved every minute of it! On Thursday night, they had a program for all the parents to come and watch. We invited Chad, Kelsey, Andrew, and Laura to come because it was right by where they lived and they all came over (except for Kelsey) and watched the girls sing!


The kids standing up front for the short program:




For the final song, the kids came back to their spots and everybody sang "The Boomerang Express" together. Chad helped Megan sing, Laura helped Courtney sing, and Andrew held Christian!



Picture of Chad and Megan after the program:




Finally a picture with Megan and Courtney's teacher. I asked Megan what her name was and she didn't know..I don't know either! Whatever her name is, she did a great job with my girls).






1 comment:

  1. I even remember my VBS, great memories,great teaching and great FUN!!!! Love the pictures..

    ReplyDelete