Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Flu has hit our house. :(

I thought we were immune this year. HA!

On our way home from Lincoln today, Matt told me that he didn't feel good. He was cold and felt like he had a fever. When we got home, he kind of checked out and went and laid down for the night.

Everybody else was feeling great! We had supper, we opened some new toys, and watched some TV.

It was about 9 and I got Christian ready for bed and we were reading books.  He kind of started coughing right after I picked up a second book, so I asked Megan if she would bring him a cup of water.  About a second later, he pukes all over! Luckily, he was on my lap with his blanket, so the blanket caught most of it. I was totally unprepared for this!

Now remember, Matt is sick himself, so it is up to me to clean up the mess and take care of the boy!
I get him cleaned up, myself cleaned up because of course, it was on my clothes too. I then got the girls into bed and I went and rocked him for awhile.  I put him into bed about 10, but he still wasn't happy.

I figured if I was going to hold him for awhile, I might as well watch TV, so I brought him downstairs and we watched the news together. He had two new blankets at this point.  He coughed a little bit about 10 minutes later, but nothing worth getting worried about, but then about two seconds later, he threw up again!  I was ready this time. I just picked up his blanket and said, "Puke here!" and he did. He still got  a little bit on my clothes again and on the couch, but not bad!

Again, we go back to the bathroom to clean everything up. We are now on our 3rd set of pajamas and all his favorite blankets are dirty. 

It is now 10:35, he is playing with legos because I just let him play while I put all his clothes, my clothes, towels, and blankets in the washer.  He seems to be feeling fine and wide awake! It might be a late night!

On the side note, since us ladies are the only ones left, I made the girls sleep on their sleeping bags on their floor. No stuffed animals!!  I told them that since I am the only parent not sick and if they happen to puke overnight, I am the one that has to clean it up. I would like the easiest clean-up possible, so I told them if they had to puke, then puke on their blankets and sleeping bags. Courtney was actually in tears because I wouldn't let her sleep with her stuffed animals, but tonight, I think she will survive.

Now to see if I can get Christian to bed AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment