Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Continuation throughout the night

....I finally got Christian to bed at 11:50 last night.

About 2:10, I heard some thunking noise.  This was actually Dell down in the bathroom, but while I was somewhat awake, I heard Christian start to cough again. Matt and I were both out of bed pretty quickly.  Sure enough, Christian had thrown up in his bed.  I visited the bathroom quick and by the time I got out, Matt already had Christian in the bathroom and was heading downstairs to see what was going on with Dell.  He said, "I can help you now, I feel much better!" thanks!!

After letting Dell outside, he came back up and we got Christian's sheets and clothes changed.  I went back downstairs to put his clothes in the washer and discovered what Dell had done- like we needed any other troubles at 2 am! Dell had eaten some of our bathroom rug! She had ate the stiching half way around and she put a hole in it- she ate the rubber backing! Stupid dog!! She has slept in our bathroom at night for about the last 2-3 years and has never ate the rugs!  (When she has an upset stomach, she usually eats a whole lot of grass outside and then pukes everything up. I think she couldn't eat any grass because of the snow and decided to eat the rug instead!)

Once I discovered this, I took it upstairs to show Matt. I went back to the bathroom and took out the other rug that she hadn't ate yet. Matt let her back in and put her back in her bathroom without any rugs to sleep on.

We headed back upstairs and got Christian back to bed.  yay! But then we heard Dell pushing around Christian's stool in the bathroom, so Matt visited her again and put the stool and her food bowl up. Now maybe we can sleep in peace!

About 4:40, we hear some more coughing. Yet again, Christian had thrown up in his bed.  I got Christian changed and Matt took care of his bedding.  I think this is his 4th or 5th pair of pajamas!  Got him cleaned up and he didn't want to go back to bed.  I didn't care at this point, I put him in his bed, laid him down, and turned his light off. Too bad!  Matt and I got back to bed...again!

All was fine until Courtney scared me at 8:30 this morning, but all the kids are up and playing great. Christian had some applesauce for breakfast, but is playing like he normally does.  Megan and Courtney were fine all night and made it clear to me that they, "did not throw up" even though I made them sleep on the floor.I told them that they may be sleeping there for a couple of nights!

Now, I really hope I don't get this, I washed my hands over and over yesterday, but my stomach doesn't feel 100% this morning and I don't feel like doing anything- of course I was up half the night with Christian!!

No comments:

Post a Comment