Monday, December 3, 2012

Oh Sunday...

I have been thinking about this blog all morning, so I thought I would write it out.

It is really entitled, "How to get to church on Time".

Here is the story.  We decided to go to early service yesterday and church, but we didn't quite make it on time.  Here are the lessons I learned.

1.  Set your alarm clock.  Waking up with 50 minutes until you have to leave does not work well. Especially when 3 children wake up at the same time.

2. Do laundry the day before.
A. Megan had no church clothes to wear, all of her dresses were in the washer.  I tried to get them washed and dried the night before, but I failed.  She does not like to wear anything but dresses to church, so that took about ten minutes to convince her to wear jeans, which were actually clean. Then we had to find a shirt to go with the jeans, then we could FINALLY get dressed.

She also needs to put her shoes where they go, we couldn't find her shoes when we were rushing out the door.  Courtney is usually the one looking for her shoes at the last minute, not Megan.

B. Courtney was actually ready on time. She likes to wear jeans and she didn't have a problem wearing jeans to church. She found her shoes and got ready! Yay, Courtney!

C. Christian knows what his "church clothes" are and which clothes are not "church clothes." Of course, none of his church clothes were clean, so I had no option but to put some different pants and a shirt on him. This was trouble! I had to fight him to get dressed and he was crying and saying no the entire time. I felt terrible!  He also had mud on his shoes from the zoo the day before, so those just went in the car.

3.  No TV, video games, computer,or  anything electronic should be on while we are trying to get out the door. I need all the help I can get, especially with only 50 minutes to get out the door.

In the end, we made it with five minutes to spare!

No comments:

Post a Comment