Saturday, December 15, 2012

I love Progress!!

today = Progress!!

If anybody knows me, they know that I like lists and I like checking things off my list.

Our daily schedule white board for school has turned into my place to put my list.

It is full. I have many things to do and many things on my mind right now, but today, I got a few of the big ones erased!

1.  After painting my laundry room last Monday and putting my dryer in my kitchen, Matt finally got a chance to get a new dryer vent and put everything back together today! I was thrilled!!! I didn't really mind having the dryer in my kitchen- it actually gave me more counter space. :)  But everybody was starting to run out of clothes, including myself. Christian hasn't had socks for a couple of days (this boy is getting more socks for Christmas!), so I was stealing Courtney's!  We were also on our last towels and I had been out of kitchen towels for a couple of days too. I was using bathroom towels in the kitchen. Let's just say the washer is going now!

2.  Last Tuesday night, we bought a new Christmas tree. If you remember last year, our stand broke on the old one just as we were putting the angel on the top. We gave that one to Goodwill, so we had to buy a new one this year.  We got the new one home and last Wednesday, the girls and I put it up, but we realized that one of the branches was hanging lower than the others, so we thought we were going to have to take it back.  Matt finally decided (yesterday) that he could just fix it, so we decorated it today. It looks wonderful!! Not bad, it's only 10 days before Christmas!

3.  We painted the living room last May and have not gotten the pictures back on the wall yet. Guess what Matt did for me today?? yep, put all my pictures back on the living room walls!

4.  We took a little errand trip today too. I have had money that has been on my fridge for over a month, so that finally got put in the bank and I had to make a quick stop in KMART. I ordered a present for Courtney from there, but they sent me the wrong thing in the mail, so I had to take this wrong item back to the store. I got my money back and was on my way!

5.  I also got a bunch of presents wrapped today.  Well, ones that my children could see anyway. Now that we have our tree up, let's get some gifts under it!! I'm still getting boxes in the mail from Amazon, so hopefully everything will get here before Christmas! I have a few things to get in the store, but that is alright.  I got almost everything online this year and loved it! Now I need to find time to sneak away and wrap my kids' gifts, I have had to keep the door locked to our master closet because the kids know their presents are back there. Courtney is the sneaky one, so we just thought it would be better to lock the door. :)

6. Last, but not least, we paid off my school loans! Thank you Doane College for my wonderful education! ( I really think some of my time at UNO was part of my loans too, but Matt didn't think so.)

What else can I get done today??

No comments:

Post a Comment