Thursday, September 8, 2011

Too busy...

I'm very perplexed at what to do right now.

Here is my plan for the day:
Class at the gym at 10 am
Appointment at 1 pm (Grandma watching kids)
Megan's first dance class at 4:15

tomorrow: Preschool from 9-11:30
Homeschool get-together at 10
Grandma coming to visit at 3:30

When am I going to homeschool Megan???

For the last two days, I have taught her almost 2 hours in the morning and almost 2 hours in the afternoon and we still are not done with the day's assignments! We played "catch-up" yesterday and we still didn't get done.

I am bogged down. Can I still have a life outside of homeschooling? Or should I stay home every morning and afternoon to get it done? There are things that need to get done and my poor kids need some socialization. Do I just skip school today and do everything I need to do? Or do I skip the gym (and maybe get rid of my gym membership?) and just get out this afternoon?

I was told I was going to need to stay home more and teach, but I was also told that school shouldn't take more than 2-3 hours. Is there too much "teacher" in me that makes me want to do everything 100%, therefore, it is taking more time? Or is Megan not cooperating all the time and it is taking us longer? Is just the fact that I have so much material to get through? Or is it the face that I'm trying to take care of two other kids while we do school? I need to figure something out!

No comments:

Post a Comment