Wednesday, September 7, 2011

She survived Preschool!

Today was Courtney's first day of preschool. Knowing Courtney, I thought she would be scared out of her mind and cry and hang on to me when we went to drop her off. She does this everywhere else I take her!

But today was different and I am very thankful! We have been talking about preschool for about a week about how fun it was and how much she is going to learn. I really wanted to avoid first day meltdown! It worked! Last night before she went to bed, she said, "Mommy, I'm excited for preschool, but I'm still scared."

This morning, she got up and got dressed with no problem! We loaded the kids up (taxi driver begins!) and I took all three kids up there. Matt met us up there too.

We got her nametag and got her into her classroom. She hung up her backpack and got settled into class. She didn't have a huge smile on her face, but she wasn't crying either. I think she was just taking it all in. We left and hoped for the best. But by the way it was looking, she would do well!

Matt went back to work and since Christian still had a low-grade fever, I brought Megan and Christian back home. We had some catching-up to do for school, so I thought this would be a great time to do schoolwork. It was too, we got a lot accomplished in two hours!

About 11:10, I packed Megan and Christian back up and headed up to get Courtney. When she came out of her classroom, she was all smiles. She said, "I had soooo much fun in preschool today. I can't wait to come back! It's more fun than home!" Ahhh, what a sigh of relief. She said she made a friend and did a craft. She had popcorn for snack and just had a great time.

I don't think we'll have a problem on Friday at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment