Monday, September 19, 2011

Less Stressful Monday

I don't know what it was about today, but I was not stressed out at all. My jaw never hurt and chest didn't hurt either. I am either getting heartburn or costochondirits back, I can't tell, but whatever it was, it didn't show up today.

After talking A LOT about it this weekend with Matt, I think it comes down to the point that with homeschooling, I have lost time to myself. In the past, we have always had "quiet time" from 1-3. The girls run off to play in their room and that left me all by myself. Once Christian came along, we still followed this schedule, except he just did his thing. I enjoyed not having to talk to anyone for two hours. As much as it was quiet time for the girls, it was really for me. :) It was relaxing to me. I would clean the house, do the laundry, and just do my own thing.

Now, gone is quiet time for me! With Christian taking two hour naps from 1-3, it is a perfect time to homeschool. Courtney still runs off and does her own thing and it is great to teach Megan without any distractions. This all works great, until we are done. I had envisioned that when we were done for the day, Megan would run off and the two girls would get along great! WRONG!! Last week, I was pulling my hair out. I would let Megan have a break and she couldn't get along with the other kids for anything. So now after teaching her for 2-3 hours, I have to continue conversing with her by discipling her every move. This would last until Matt got home at 5:30 or so. I just wanted some time to not talk to anybody!

Today, I gave her a break and she continued to hang around me. I told her she needed to go play with Courtney and I went and called a friend and sat outside. (out of sight, out of mind, right?) After a little bit, I came in and the girls were upstairs playing. Ah, perfect! This little break to myself did me wonders. Even if I was talking to a friend, it was time to myself. Some adult time.

A little bit later, we finished up school and I took all three kids outside. Again, Megan said, "Mom, play with me." I again told her, "I just taught you for 3 hours, please play by yourself." So she did and I could spend some time with Courtney and Christian. As much as I love her and I am really enjoying homeschooling, I tell her that I cannot entertain her 24 hours a day. I need a break from my children too! I really think this is why she loves homeschooling, she has always been one that has needed to be around somebody at all times. This fits her personality, but please, when we are done, give me a little break and go play with your sister nicely and don't bother your brother!

We will see what tomorrow will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment