Sunday, September 25, 2011

This weekend

Couple things about this weekend. I know I hadn't posted all week, but I keep plenty busy with school and everything else.

1. Matt knows that I am under some more stress than usual and he's been quite helpful lately with the kids and around the house. Only yesterday morning, he was a little too helpful. He took all my silverware, all my glass plates and bowls, and my glasses and put them in the hutch. He replaced all of them with paper plates, plastic silveware, and plastic cups. He was tired of me complaining about doing dishes, so his solution was to get rid of the dishes. :) I do get to keep everything else. And yes, it does make life easier.

We sat down today and talked about everything I do here in a week and how much time I take to do it all. Our first figure was 216 hours. But there are only 158 hours in a week! I laughed! I said, "Now do you see why I am stressd out!! There aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done!" Eventually, we worked it out again and got it down to about 160 hours. I still have to eliminate two more hours.

We came up with some more solutions for getting things done around here in a more efficient way. We thought that maybe I should stop using cloth diapers for awhile, make the girls clean up ALL their messes upstairs and downtairs, have a new organizer for our shoes, make the girls give themselves showers, limit bedtime stories, limit meal time, etc. I really want homeschooling to work, but I am tired of getting to the end of the day and feeling exhausted!

2. We went car shopping! We have noticed quite a bit of rust under our sliding doors on our car. Matt kicked a piece of it the other day and whole bunch just fell off! We got an estimate and it was going to cost $2500 to get it fixed, BUT they wouldn't guarantee the work. They said they could fix it, but it would probably come right back. At least he was honest! He said he would much rather put our money towards a new car.

So, off we went to look at new vans with no intentions to buy. We ended up in Fremont looking at Chrysler, which was a nice van, but off course, we got, "How much would it take for you to drive it off the lot tonight??" They almost had Matt! He did give them a deposit, but we want to look at another one tomorrow. We are also second-guessing this one in Fremont because we're not sure if our carseats will work in it, plus we looked it up on Kelly's Blue Book and they were charging us about $3000 more than that says! Hmmm. They also gave us some money for our van. It will be a sad day when we get rid of it, we've had it over 8 years and we've driven it about 85,000 miles. Matt just wants to get rid of it while we can still get some money for it. He thinks that by the end of this winter, we could have huge holes in the side of the van from the rust. I don't want that. Maybe we'll have a new van tomorrow, maybe not...

No comments:

Post a Comment