Saturday, September 17, 2011

Shopping on Friday!

What do you do when you have 4 day lesson plans (on most subjects) and don't do school on Friday??

You go shopping all afternoon!!!

Megan and Christian were in NEED of winter clothes, grandma was in town, so off we went! And we got a lot accomplished! Yes, Courtney got a couple of things, but she has a whole container of clothes her size in the attic. I feel sorry for her that I can't buy her a whole new wardrobe like the other kids, but it's kind of the life of being the 2nd girl who fits into all her sister's old clothes.

Megan was in so much need that she wore one of her princess dresses to the store. It was so much fun to see everybody's reactions, they all thought she was dressed up for Halloween. She did tell a few people that she didn't have any winter clothes, which was the truth.

There was also one point when I had my stroller overflowing with new clothes for the kids (30% off at Kohl's, wouldn't you buy a bunch too??). As I was walking past these two older ladies, I heard one whisper to the other, "Did you see her cart??" I don't think I was supposed to hear her, but I did. I turned around and said, "Yes, I am buying a lot because my children need winter clothes." And she said, "Oops, you heard me..." Yes I did!

I also had to correct Megan at one point in the day. We were in Sam's and she was talking to a lady who was giving out samples. Somehow the subject of school came up and Megan said to her, "I don't go to school." Quickly, I had to correct her because the lady gave her an odd look, I said, "Yes, Megan, you go to school." "Oh right," she told the lady, "I homeschool." After we moved on, I told her never to tell anybody that she doesn't go to school because mom and dad could go put in jail for not sending her to school!

When we got home, the girls put on some of their new clothes and danced around the house all night. Once I pull the container out of the attic for Courtney, she will have fun going through all those too.

I can't believe it just got cold overnight! BRRR.

No comments:

Post a Comment