Monday, September 12, 2011

Not so good Monday :(

Today did not go so well. Let's just say that my stress level has about doubled since I started homeschooling full- time and I'm not so sure what to do about it. So with this in mind, today did not go very well, at least in the morning.

All started with getting up late. Instead of rolling out of bed at 7, it was more like 7:30, but I was awake for 2 hours last night, so I was tired!

I had to get through the shower and get 3 kids through the shower before 8:40. I knew I could do it, but I had to go quickly and with COOPERATION from the kids!

We all got breakfast and I put the kids through the shower, Megan was not cooperating at all, but the other two did fine.

8:40 load into the car and we are off to drop Courtney off at preschool. Today was tricky though because not only did I have to drop Courtney off at preschool, but Megan takes art class at Aldrich at 9 am on Mondays. I really wanted to have her there on time.

Courtney's drop off went smoothly and we got to Aldrich about 9. While I am parking to unload everybody, I hear, "I don't want to go to art class" with a pouty face. I said, "You're going."

I get everybody into the school and get Megan checked in at the office. I check myself in because I usually walk her to her art room. We proceed down the hallway and we are about 10 feet from the door when I notice that her class is in there already and I look at her and she has big tears coming down her face! I asked her what was wrong and she said again, "I don't want to go to art class." I tried talking her into going in, but she wasn't having any of it. I knew I couldn't send her into class crying, so I walked back to the office to deal with the situation.

We sat in the office for a couple of minutes. The secretary noticed she wasn't going to class and said, "You better get to class, you're getting a grade for it." I really didn't know what to do. If I took her back home, she would pull this stunt again next week. I had to get her to class.

Then I stood up and said, "Ok Megan, let's try it again" and I walked out of the office. She followed me, still crying. We got a little further and she put herself against the wall, refusing to go to class. Then a 2nd grade teacher walked out of her room and asked if everything was ok, I said yes. About a minute later, a paraprofessional walked by and said," Can I help you with anything?" I said, "Yes, I need to get my daughter to art class!" She started to talk to Megan and I walked back to the office leaving Megan with the teacher. I knew that if I walked away, she might be able to get her to class.

I sat down in the office where Megan could not see me. By this time, she has wasted 15 minutes of class time. About two minutes later, Megan is gone. The para got her to go to class! I was going to run an errand during this time, but there was only 15 minutes left, so I just stayed there. The principal came in and talked to me while I was there, she wanted to know how things were going.

At 9:30, Megan comes back to the office with a smile on her face! She said she wasn't smiling because of art class, she was smiling because she saw two of her best friends from last year.

So back in the car and off to our errands (take dad something). Dad had a little talk with her about how disappointed we were in her and how she is going to class. Next week, I am going to take her to Aldrich first at about 8:40 and she is going to sit in the office until 9 by herself. Then I will take Courtney to preschool at 8:50. Hopefully that will work better!

Lunch went smooth, naptime went great, and we finished everything for school today and got the house picked up from the weekend.

Why are Mondays soo hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment