Saturday, May 1, 2010

Who REALLY reads my blog?

Just wanted to note that from 2 til 4:30 this afternoon, I was contracting every 3-5 minutes.

My midwives told me that if I had 6-10 contractions in an hour, to give them a call, so I did.

I called them and she said the 6-10 rule only applies if you are under 35 weeks. I turned 35 weeks yesterday, so they said that if I went into labor, they would let me go, but they certainly don't want to encourage it. They said lay around (check), drink lots of water (check), and take a warm bath (maybe later). She said they could be braxton hicks yet because I'm not cramping, I'm just tightening, but they were pretty regular. She also said something else could be going on- bladder infection, baby flipped, overdone it (I haven't done anything all day!), or whatever. She said to take it easy and lay around the rest of the weekend, have Matt help with the kids. She also said if I can't sleep tonight, to take some tylenol pm, but to call her back if they got worse. She said, "You remember what labor contractions feel like?" I said, " I sure do!"

We'll see what the rest of the night brings. I've stopped timing them, so I don't think I'm feeling as many. I'm not getting my hopes up in anyway of having this baby early. I want to go as natural as I can, so I am fine waiting around.

I go in Monday to the doctor and I will start getting checked for dilation, so maybe we can have a better picture of what is going on.

PS- Courtney just looked out our front door and there were two May Day baskets on our step! How fun!

2 comments: