Monday, May 10, 2010

This Weekend!

I think this last weekend just flew by! Maybe it was because we were so busy. :)

Friday night was Ruwe family movie night. I got to pick this one- it was "The Muppet Movie." I watched this movie ALL the time as a kid and it brought back some nostalgia for me. Of course, the girls didn't know who Kermit the Frog or Miss Piggy were, but they soon learned! And Matt let me know that he had never seen the movie! (It's usually the other way around, Matt usually picks the movies that I haven't seen). He fell asleep with about 1/2 an hour left and I think the girls got bored with it, but I loved it!

Saturday afternoon I had a wedding shower for one of my old teaching friends. She's getting married in June (hopefully we'll make it to her wedding with our new baby). The shower had great food and great company, I got to reconnect with some of my old teaching friends that I haven't seen in over 5 years or so. We laughed a LOT at a question/ answer game and she opened her presents, which also brought some more laughter!

Saturday night was an outing with my family, well, most of my family. We met at a steakhouse to go out to eat for Mother's Day. It was a very nice evening and I got to spend some time talking with my sister-in-laws who are also pregnant. One is due in about 10 days, so it was nice seeing her one more time before she has the baby. I didn't realize it, but there is nobody here in Omaha who is pregnant along with me that I can really sit and get support from. It was nice talking to her because we are both in the same stage at the same time. I wish her lots of luck with her upcoming delivery!

For both of my sister-in-laws, it is their first baby, so it is fun to see their excitement. I think it is funny how early they are getting everything ready, but I was the same way with my first! (ok, maybe not as early as they are doing things, but things got done earlier with my first two than with this one). First babies come with a lot of excitement. There are some days I don't even think about having a baby in a month because I have to two other kids to chase! I will be lucky if I have clothes in the dresser for this kid! I also see all the things they are doing that I just want to say, "You don't need that," or "I bought that and it was terrible." But I'm not saying anything, they have to learn like I did. Now with my 3rd, I know exactly what I need and don't need.

Sunday morning started with a "Happy Mother's Day" from Matt and he asked me what I wanted for breakfast, so that was good. The girls bought me a birdhouse, which I thought was neat. We also had a great guest speaker in church and then we were off to Matt's sister's house to spend time with his family for Mother's Day. This was nice seeing everybody on his side, even great-grandparents were there, so the girls got to see them. They of course, spent half the time coloring/ painting fingernails with thier aunts. That's what they are for! They love it!

We got home late afternoon/ early evening and we were exausted! The girls watched a movie and I counted down the minutes until bedtime. I have to admit, I really enjoy being busy, but I just don't like how exhausted I get from everything. My back was hurting from sitting around all day, but I really didn't feel like doing anything when we got home to make it feel better, so I just dealt with it.
I went to bed with a sore back, but felt much better this morning. I love the effects of being eight months pregnant!

Today we are back to a routine, which I like. Megan is back to school, Matt is back to work, Courtney and I have the day together. I am going to get caught up on things around here, next weekend the only thing we have is graduation back home, so we shouldn't be too busy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment