Wednesday, May 12, 2010

37 Weeks

I had my 37 week appointment this morning. Things are great! I gained 3 pounds (oops!), but my midwife was not really worried. I really thought I would get in trouble, they only want us to gain one pound a week, but since I'm almost done, she said she was not going to yell at me. She thought maybe it was water weight or sodium, but I'm not really swollen up. She said 25-35 pounds is normal baby weight for a pregnancy (I'm up to 35 right now) and she said anything after that is extra weight that a mom will need to work at to get off. I'm not too worried about it. :)

She then asked me if I was having any contractions and I said, "Contractions, I'm having them all the time!" She said, "Labor contractions?" and I said, "no." I asked her about travelling 45 minutes away this weekend for a graduation and she said that would be fine, especially since it takes awhile for me to start labor and have a baby. She said if I was going to Kansas City or any place further, she would have to think twice about it.

I also had my blood taken again to check my platelets, I should know what my number is by the end of the afternoon. Hopefully it is over 100,000, if not, I will probably have to start steroids.

My blood pressure was fine and I was measuring 38 cm, my midwife also thought the baby dropped a little bit, but not as much as he will drop in the end.

Baby boy is head down and she thought he was facing upwards. Heartbeat was good too.

Courtney went along with me this time. We talked and read books while we waited and then once the midwife walked in, I had to stop playing with her and talk with my her about the baby. During the appointment today, my midwife looked at her at one point and said, "She is always so good at your appointments!" I will take that as a compliment!

No comments:

Post a Comment