Thursday, May 27, 2010

39 Week Checkup Today!

Wow, already 39 weeks! I could have this baby anytime now!

Things were pretty normal at today's checkup.
Gained back the 1/2 pound I lost last week.
Measured 38, which I thought was odd because I was 39 last week. My midwife said it's either because I dropped some more or because measurements are subjective (can be different between providers).
Platelets are still hovering about 100,000, they were 105,000 today. (still no steroids!)
Iron count was 12.9, I have been taking iron supplements for a couple of weeks now, so I'm glad it's up a little bit.
Low blood pressure and great heartbeat! (I was actually having a contraction while she was finding the heart beat and seeing how he was laying- ouch!)

She asked me if I was having any "real" contractions and I told her that my contractions haven't stopped, but I don't think they're "real." She said the Braxton-Hicks are going to keep going as long as it's hot out, she pretty much told me to stay inside during the heat and drink lots of water (seriously, how much more can I drink??) And Matt, can we turn the air down a little bit more? Maybe it's even too warm in my house??

She also told me to start taking Evening Primrose Oil and drinking the Red Raspberry Leaf Tea- ok, I did this with the other two and nothing seemed to help them come on time!

I didn't have her check me for dilation/ effacement today either, I'm sure I'm still sitting at zero, so why even do it?? I'll get checked next week though when I'm 40 weeks. Maybe something will be starting to happen by then...

My midwife also told me that she is the one that is on call this weekend and I kind of had to laugh, do you really think I'm going to have this baby this weekend??? I told her to just schedule my 2 week overdue induction! (First all my overdue appointments/ ultrasounds/ and non-stress tests of course to make sure he's doing well in there!)

I just have to joke about not having this baby on time or I'm going to be really disappointed in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment