Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Real or false?

Tonight about 6:45 I started to contract, not little ones, big ones that made me stop in my tracks and I almost felt sick. They kept going, so I decided that if they were real, I was going to keep them going! The girls and I went for a walk around the block a couple of times. I only had to stop a couple of times to get through them, but made it. We came back, I gave the girls a bath (I know, I shouldn't, but if we did have the baby tonight, I want them clean!). Now, they have slowed down a bit....

Every evening they start and every evening, they get a little bit stronger than the previous night and then stop when I go to bed. We'll see what tonight brings. Again, I'm not getting my hopes up. (Last night, they started about 9:30 and went til about 11 pm- this is when I said to myself, "you better get some things ready!" So I started rounding things up for the hospital last night at 10:30!)

With all these contractions being even stronger tonight, I went ahead and got even more things ready to go. I have a pile of clothes/ stuff ready for me to go the hospital. Snacks are ready, cameras are ready, baby stuff is ready. Babysitters are lined up (for the most part). I think we're getting there! Megan has a field trip tomorrow, so we even got her lunch packed tonight and her clothes picked out for tomorrow just in case I'm not here to help her get ready in the morning.

One last story, I had another case of pregnancy brain last night. I have piano lessons on Monday nights, so last night, I wanted to get supper in the oven so it would be done after lessons. I got the meal put together (chicken and rice casserole), turned the oven on to 350 and put it in for 90 minutes. I gave piano lesson and came back after lessons just to find the oven off! What?? I know I turned it on!! So, I turned the oven up to 425 and our meal was done in a half an hour. It was cooked, but not as good as usual. Ugh, I'm getting tired of this! (One night I put my clothes in the dryer for the next day, but didn't turn the dryer on!)

1 comment: