Thursday, May 20, 2010

Helen Keller and a Rainy Day!

I decided that I have written enough about me and and haven't added any pictures lately, so I took some pictures of the girls and I am going to post about them today!

Thursday is Megan's sharing day at school. They are currently studying a unit on "We are the World" and they are supposed to bring things for sharing that pertain to what people need or how others have helped people. This is the first week of this topic, so we had to think about what Megan wanted to bring last night and this morning. Megan finally said she wanted to take her book "Helen Keller." She chose this because Helen Keller needed somebody to help her in life. If it wasn't for Anne Sullivan, she wouldn't have gotten anywhere!

Her and Matt recently read this chapter book and Megan really enjoyed it! She tells me all the time about the manual alphabet and Matt even says, "Do you know Helen Keller gradutated from Harvard with honors?" It was a big deal in our house!

This morning, we couldn't find the Helen Keller book, so we decided to find a picture on the Internet. As I was reading through Helen Keller's biography online, Megan kept interrupting me and saying, "Mom, I know that already." "Ok, Megan, but I don't." I hope she does a good job sharing today, she is pretty impressed with the story of Helen Keller. She says it is her favorite book! (Now if only we can find it again!)

Here is our printout that she took to school today.

It was also raining today and the girls love rainy days because they get to use thier umbrellas at the bus stop. Actually Courtney does not come outside with me everyday, but when it is raining, she jumps at the chance!




2 comments:

  1. The umbrella shot is adorable! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to dance in the rain with a pink umbrella, suppose I could find a dance partner?
    Love the picture!!!

    ReplyDelete