Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesday thoughts

I had a couple of thoughts that have been swirling around in my brain today, I just wanted to write them down!

1. I'll start with yesterday. I went to Wal-Mart to get groceries. I knew with this pulled ligament muscle it would be hard, but I just may need to take somebody along next time! My first problem was getting Courtney a big cart to ride in instead of walking beside me, this is SOOOO much easier with her, except that these carts are about 10 pounds heavier to push, plus add a 35 pound kid. By the time, I had it full of groceries, it was a lot heavier than it started! By the time I had pushed this cart around the entire store (because I need something from about every department), my side was really hurting.

So much so that when I got to the checkout line, I remembered something I needed in the back of the store and I thought there was NO way I was going to push this big heavy cart all the way back there, so I didn't. I told myself I would much rather make another stop at another store than go back and get it! I checked out and the really nice cashier, who was a college student, could probably tell I was hurting and she offered to help me out. In most cases, I would say no, but yesterday, I swallowed my pride and took her offer! She pushed the cart out and loaded up my groceries- I really think she wanted a breath of fresh air, but it was still really nice of her! I haven't seen any other Wal-Mart employee ever offer to help me out! And it really helped me in the process! If only I could've brought her home to unload them too. :)

2. My pregnancy brain- I have MOPS this morning and since I am rotating between two pants outfits for this stage of my pregnancy, I threw the shirt I wanted to wear today in the washer last night before supper and then at 10 pm, I made a special trip back downstairs to throw them in the dryer so they would be ready for this morning. Note to self: turn the dryer on if you want them dry by morning!

3. I came downstairs this morning at 7:30 with Megan to eat breakfast and the milk was on the kitchen table from when Matt had breakfast. He has a little habit of doing this sometimes, but I know he left about 6:30 am, so I know he probably ate breakfast about 6:15. I don't think the milk went bad, but I don't like cereal with warm milk, so I opened a new one I bought yesterday.

4. I need to buy Megan a new umbrella. It was pouring rain at the bus stop this morning and I was sharing one with her. I bought her one from wal-mart last fall, but it broke, so I took it back. She didn't need one all winter, so I didn't buy her a new one (I am refusing to buy one like her old one from wal-mart), but now, she needs one! I always say I'm going to buy her one and then it doesn't rain and I forget about it. I really need to do this!

5. Speaking of MOPS this morning, there is a landscaper coming to talk about pretty flowers and anything on that subject. I think I would rather work in the nursery. :) I have no interest in landscaping, flowers, or anything of that matter. I will still go though, I missed the last meeting because Megan was on spring break and she had pink eye. It will be nice to see everybody again and Courtney always enjoys her class!

6. I have only 6 weeks of my pregnancy left and I still have nothing ready. Matt's brothers were over last night unloading 18 12-foot sheets of drywall and I asked Matt if they could help him take the dresser upstairs so I can start putting baby stuff away. (and no, the room is not even started yet). He said we don't have a place for it yet, so he doesn't want to do it yet. My reply was "the room isn't going to be done in 6 weeks, so we need to find a place for it sometime!" We need to get a carseat yet and get all the baby stuff upstairs and cleaned off because it has been downstairs in the middle of construction zone! I'm starting to get worried about this!

Off to get Courtney ready for MOPS and to go out in the rain again! I do admit, I love spring!I need to post pictures of the trees in our backyard, they are beautiful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment