Thursday, April 15, 2010

Last night at AWANA!

Last night was our last night at AWANA!

Courtney has been in Cubbies all year and has learned every verse in her book! She will get her book completion award and her Apple Tree award at awards night in a week or so. I am amazed at her ability to memorize Bible verses! She walks around the house saying, "God loved us and sent his son," and "Jesus came into the world to save sinners." She also knows John 3:16! (Did I know that when I was 3 years old???) I really hope she can keep these verses in her heart!

Megan has been in the Sparks program. Her verses have been much longer. She had to memorize the books of the New Testament- that was kind of hard because it's not quite tangible yet. She has a Bible, but since she is just learning how to read, she's just starting to associate books in the Bible. I really think this is important for her future and I want to keep reviewing them with her! She has also had to memorize John 3:14-16! These were the most challenging passages for her, but she got them! Megan will also be getting her book completion award plus a review award for going through her book twice.

Last night we celebrated the end of the year by having ice cream sundaes in both Cubbies and Sparks. It was nice to sit back and relax and think about what we've learned all year. Matt was unable to go (he helps in Courtney's room in Cubbies), but I was still there to help with Megan's class (I help with Sparks). I'm not sure what Matt and I will be doing next year with a new baby around! But we will defenitely sign our kids up again, what a blessing it has been for them to know Bible verses and see them grow in faith!

I have to admit, my favorite verse that both kids have learned is, "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right," Why does this verse always come up when they aren't listening???

No comments:

Post a Comment