Friday, April 23, 2010

Toothless Joe...I mean, Megan

Megan has been playing with her loose front tooth for awhile now. For the last couple of days, every time I turned around, her finger was in her mouth working it loose. Finally yesterday morning, it was to the point where she could bend her tooth all the way backwards and it looked like it was out already. I thought it would take at least a couple of days yet to lose it, but no!

I went to pick her up from school yesterday because she had Daisy's and as I was looking to check on Courtney who was playing on the playground, Megan came up to me and said, very excitedly, "Mom, I lost my tooth today!!!" She was grinning from ear to ear!! I looked at her and she looked completely different from the girl that I sent to school that morning! She had a big gap where her tooth had been and then the other front tooth was completely crooked! What happened to my child?? It was almost scary looking!

She showed me her tooth box that she had gotten from the nurses station (they go there when they lose teeth) and of course, it was pink. I got her in the car and she told me that it had fallen out during writing time in the morning. I asked her, "Were you playing with it?" She kind of paused, "yes." I knew it! Luckily, her teacher let her go the nurse right away and take care of it, she also said it didn't bleed at all.

When I got home from picking her up from Daisy's, Matt was home already and he hadn't seen her yet. I called him and told him she had lost a tooth and that she looks a little strange. His first reaction was, "You look like you're from the south." (sorry all southern folk). With her crooked tooth, it looks like she doesn't take care of her teeth and they are all falling out. He was joking with her of course!

Here is a picture I took when we got home of her crooked tooth:



We have a special box we made here at home to put the teeth in for the tooth fairy. She got this special box out and put her tooth in it and last night when she went to bed, she put it in her bed right next to her.

This morning, she came bouncing into my room 10 minutes before my alarm went off with $2 in her hand and her tooth box in the other. Again, she was grinning ear to ear with her crooked tooth right in the middle! She was VERY excited that the tooth fairy had came and brought her money! She was already plotting what to do with it.

Personally, I am hoping she loses the other tooth soon! I think she would look a whole lot better with both teeth gone than one there and two big gaps on each side of it! But I really am enjoying her excitement and all the joys of being a child!

1 comment:

  1. She looks cute! :]

    I wonder when Fiona will start losing her teeth.

    ReplyDelete