Monday, April 19, 2010

Our Weekend Fun!

Ok, I thought since it was Monday and I haven't posted since Friday morning, I better do something today!

I posted last week that I had braxton hicks contractions during Thursday night, well, they are still going on and off. I was told to drink water and sit down when they start, but that doesn't always help me. Whenever I go to get up (to go to the bathroom), I have another contraction. It took me until about noon on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to really feel good and to get going. I eventually had to take tylenol to feel better. I've also had some side aches, so I am going to the midwife today to see if she can give me any answers. I even tried to clean one room today and got a terrible side ache! So I'm going to sit down here for awhile and blog, see if I feel any better!

As for life around the Ruwe house, we stayed busy this weekend. Friday night we stayed home because Matt really wanted to get the tiling in the shower done this weekend. While I was making supper Friday, the girls decided they wanted to paint! Which is fine, but this got out of hand! It was super fun for the girls and there was so much laughter and giggling going on that I just love to hear, but we had a huge mess when we were done!

Courtney and Megan both started at the table painting, then Megan wondered off somewhere and left Courtney. She thought it would be fun to make blue handprints on paper, she said it was something she learned how to do in Cubbies...




Pretty soon, Megan came back to see what Courtney was up to and she joined in the fun!

Pretty soon, dinner was ready and we had to clean up! I couldn't believe Courtney had it all over her stomach, in her armpits..


and even blue paint on her back!
In additon to having great fun with the paint, I think the girls laughed and giggled just as much as they washed the blue paint off their hands!


The kitchen table after I had cleaned everything off, luckily the paint came off pretty easily!


I thought we had all the paint cleaned off Courtney, but nope, Saturday morning, she woke up and she still had blue paint all over her legs! I think Matt stuck her in the tub and washed her off, but you could still see the blue on her.


Saturday we stayed home all day and Matt got the shower completely tiled! Yay!! We're almost done with the bathroom, THEN can we build the office in the basement and move the office down there???

Later in the afternoon, While Matt was mowing the lawn and the girls decided to make "soup" with flowers, grass, and rocks. I wish I had taken some pictures, they were being quite creative!

Sunday was church and then we spent the day at Grandpa Chris's and Grandma Lu's house for Easter. It was so nice seeing everybody again, some of them we hadn't seen since Christmas. We ate prime rib and had an Easter egg hunt (for adults too!). Again, I didn't take many pictures, but I did get this one of Courtney and JoDee opening up all her Easter eggs.



We left grandma and grandpa's house around 7 and got home around 8. Courtney had fallen asleep in the car about 7:45, so when we got home, we just put her to bed. It was a little early, but we figured it was close enough (8:30 is bedtime). I left her shirt on and put some pajama bottoms on her and tucked her into bed.

At 3:40 this morning, I hear a voice in my bedroom say, "I don't have any pajamas on." It was Courtney and she woke up and realized that we didn't change her clothes! I got up, put her pajama shirt on and put her back to bed. She slept until 8:15 this morning! When she got up, she said, "Where's Megan?" "I already put her on the school bus," I think she was a little disappointed she didn't get to see her off! (Sometimes it's easier to just let Courtney sleep and just deal with getting Megan off to school!)

Courtney right after she woke up!




2 comments:

  1. Grandma Lu Grandpa Chris had a great time and had lots to talk about when everybody left. Smiles galore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a Smurfy good time with the blue paint girls! Where was I when you were having all that fun?

    ReplyDelete