Monday, April 19, 2010

Baby Doctor

I just got back from seeing the midwife and she says I pulled a round ligament. She said whenever it gets irritated, it will hurt more, so I'm supposed to take it easy and let it heal. She said it could take up to a week or so. I'm glad she figured it out, I was beginning to get worried!

I measured 33 (I am 34 weeks on Friday), gained 3 pounds, and heartbeat was great. Jenda (my midwife) was having a great time with it. Little boy had the hiccups while she was getting the heartbeat, she said, "I love this." I am amazed that after 20 years of midwifery, she still thinks it is fun to listen to hiccups and see babies move inutero!

We also talked about my platelet situation/ iron situation and looked over my previous births, especially Courtney's. Wow, she was a scary one! I almost want a copy of her dictation to put in her baby book to make her realized how blessed we are to have her with us! If you don't know, she was born with the cord around her neck 4 times and as Jenda was reading through it, I asked if she remembered delivering her and she said, "It's all coming back to me." Yikes!

I go back in 2 weeks and then I start going every week. We're getting to the end here!

On the way home, I was talking to Courtney on the phone and she said, "Did you go to the baby doctor?" "Yes, Courtney," "Did you get me a sticker?" I said, "No Courtney, I didn't get you a sticker." She said, "Did you get yourself a sticker?" I said, "No Courtney, I didn't get a sticker." Her response was, "Mommies can have stickers too you know!" I laughed!

No comments:

Post a Comment