Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Thoughts from the Weekend

Here are my random thoughts from Easter weekend.

Kids

I love my kids, but I also love having a break from them! They spent the night at Andrew and Laura's on Friday night and had a blast! Megan's favorite part was eating "butterflies" for supper (bowtie noodles) and Courtney's favorite part was playing hide and seek. I love it that I can trust their uncles with my kids and not even worry about them! They went to the park, ate "dirt and worms" for dessert, had a great breakfast, and actually had enough sleep!

Matt and I got to go out to dinner by ourselves and go shopping for a dishwasher without two little girls running around. It was funny that even though we had all night to find a dishwasher, I was falling asleep at Lowe's around 8:30! I had to go home and go to bed! Matt had talked about going to see a movie that late, I am sure glad we didn't!

I did get to sleep in as late as I wanted on Saturday and Matt and I watched a movie that morning before we got the kids. We ate breakfast on the couch and it was nice!
We did have to get going though because we had to find a dishwasher before the end of the day....long story short, we ended up back at Furniture Mart with the same kind we had.

Easter

Easter was fine this year..nothing too exciting! When I grew up, we would go to church every Wednesday night of Lent, attend Maundy Thursday and Good Friday services, and then go to sunrise services on Sunday morning. It was so exciting and I have such great memories of the Easter season. I don't do any of that anymore and I really miss it! All these services got your mind focused on Easter and what an important day was coming in the Christian church. The church we attend now does not have Wednesday night services or even Maundy Thursday services. They just started Good Friday service a few years ago and church on Easter is at the regualar times. It just seems like a regular service, except there are police outside directing traffic and there are a lot more people in church!

I am also disappointed in the fact that I didn't once hear scripture about Jesus dying on the cross and rising again. Isn't that what Easter is all about? If the church is packed, tell them the story of Jesus! Our pastor did a sermon on Romans 8, which was about redemption, but if you're not a Christian, what is redemption? How do you get there? I just wish our church would put more of an emphasis on Easter and make it a special day and tell people about all the great things Jesus did for us, let people know how they can be saved and go to heaven, I know we should celebrate it every day, but this is the day that we celebrate his resurrection!

Baby News

I have officially started having Braxton Hicks contractions! Fun, fun!! I had these starting at 32 weeks with Courtney and I am now 31 weeks. They happen all times of the day and there are no rhyme or reason to them!

Baby has started having hiccups (at 28 weeks) and I love it that he moves as much as he does, even though sometimes, I wish he would stop and go back to sleep! Courtney didn't move the last two months because she had the cord around her neck, so I am extra cautious about this one!

I have also had so many people in the last week or two tell me that I am CRAZY for not getting an epidural. It just makes me want to go natural again! I don't want a big long needle stuck in my spine- are YOU crazy??? (sorry if I offended anybody, that's how I feel). I have started reading up on natural births again and am starting to get my mind focused on it. I can do it again, many people support me, so we just need to get prepared! Hopefully all these braxton hicks contractions will get things started a little bit earlier!

By the way, Megan has pink eye today again, so we're treating her! I can't believe it, this is the fourth time we've had pink eye in this house! I'm on my 4th bottle of antibiotics! Good thing she is out on spring break and that she enjoys being at home!

5 comments:

  1. I was at the same church service you were at Charla and I felt like Pastor Steve’s Sermon was right on. Jesus bore God’s wrath for our sin. Because of Christ’s death on the cross we are co-heirs with Christ in heaven. Jesus Christ is risen from the dead. Because of his death on the cross there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus because through Christ Jesus the law of the spirit of life has set us free from the law of sin and death. On the contrary, Pastor Steve’s Sermon was right on and all about redemption through the death and resurrection of Christ. Pastor Steve’s Sermon was all about Easter and I thought the entire worship service was pretty riveting.

    You guys have had a lot of pink eye this year. Even Web MD says: "People with infectious pinkeye should not go to school or day care, or go to work until symptoms improve." You really should keep the girls home until the pink eye is 100% cleared up and gone. Now that you are on spring break you might be able to see this thing through and not have to worry about it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Make sure you scrub and disinfect all of the toys in your house. Wash everything! All the sheets, pillow cases, and comforters need to be washed. From top to bottom all the surfaces need to be dusted and disinfected. That’s how you get rid of this pesky little virus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PPS Ok, you can totally tell me to put a sock in it. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, Angela, YOU can come clean my house because I don't have the energy to even do the dishes anymore!! haha.

    ReplyDelete