Monday, February 10, 2014

Megan's tall tale!

Megan had to write a tall tale for school last week, she was really creative and came up with some cute ideas! I told her I would put it on my blog, so others could read it!

Here you go:
Once up on a time, there lived a giant prince named Johny Bigfoot.  He lived in Cloud Kingdom with his mom, dad, brother, and sister.  Johny was the youngest child.  He was special because the youngest always became king.  He had a private tutor named Mr. Jaxton to teach him to be king.

One day, Johny got mad at Mr. Jaxton.  Mr. Jaxton was trying to teach Johny how to write and Johny didn't like it.  Johny left Cloud Castle to take a break.  He started throwing his cloudpens and making holes in the clouds.  He started walking and forgot to watch his step.  He fell through one of his holes!  He was falling and then he hit his head.  He fell asleep.

When he woke up, two and a half days later, there was a crowd around him.  "Where am I?" Johny asked.
"You are in Texas.  You were snoring so loud that nobody in all of Texas could sleep!" one man answered. "What are you?"

"I am a giant prince. I was writing with Mr. Jaxton...I walked out..fell through a hole. Oh!" he said.  He had suddenly remembered.  "I have to go home!" He stood up and everybody ran away.  He took two steps and was in Florida.  "Oh!" he said.  He took two more steps and was in New York.  He saw the Statue of Liberty.  He leaped across the bay and landed beside her.  All the people ran and screamed.  He walked over to the Statue of Liberty and shook her hand. It fell off.  More people screamed.  Johny was so frightened that he dove into the Atlantic Ocean.  He took five strokes and was in England.  England was so foggy so Johny hopped onto a fog cloud.

When the fog cloud was in the air, Johny rode it back to the Cloud Kingdom.  He rushed to the castle and said, "sorry" to Mr. Jaxton.  Mr. Jaxton said, "I forgive you.  We will now have to write the rest of the afternoon" and they wrote the rest of the afternoon.  He wrote this about his journey, "I prefer my soft clouds to my messy dirt."  THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment