Thursday, February 13, 2014

Grocery shopping!

I have needed to go get groceries since Sunday. Usually when we are getting low on fruit, it is time to go.  I put it off and it was way too cold to go anywhere last weekend. I didn't really want to get out PLUS we always have canned fruit to fall back on! Well, Megan finished off the cow's milk this morning AND my fridge was looking pretty bare, so off we went this afternoon!  As much as I hated to be inside of Wal.mart on a 55 degree day, it just had to be done!

We took Megan to dance class and afterwards we headed to Wal.mart.  The kids helped me with groceries and we stocked up on fruits and vegetables! There was one thing Megan really wanted me to buy- cauliflower!! We found everything else, but Wal.mart was out of cauliflower! Really? Are all the other children begging their parents' to buy it too?? I told Megan that it would probably be at Sam's because that was where we were heading next. She is the pickiest eater I have, but yet she loves roasted cauliflower!!



We got to Sam's and since I had never bought cauliflower there before, I had to look for it and I didn't find it. I ended up asking an employee and they said, "Sorry, we don't carry fresh or frozen cauliflower." I actually think Megan was disappointed!!  We loaded up on our groceries there and headed home.

Once I got home, I started to look over my purchases.  If somebody would've looked at everything, they probably would think that we are on the paleo diet! We had plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables PLUS a whole lot of meat! I may have went overboard, but honestly, we have been eating way too much ground beef and ground turkey and tomato combinations lately and I am tired of it! I know that if I don't lay off on the tomatoes, I will become sensitive to that too and I don't need to take anything else out of my diet!! I bought pork chops, a turkey, ham slices, steaks, etc.  I need some variety again!

I also noticed that the only milk products I bought were a gallon of cow's milk, a bucket of ice cream, and one block of cheese.  The only wheat product I bought was a loaf of bread! This is such a difference than what I bought two years ago!!

Of course, I did not buy only healthy food. I also brought home a bag of potato chips. :)  Somehow strawberry applesauce appeared at home too- this was all Courtney's doing!!  I got the usual cereal, tomato products (which I am not going to try not to make anything "tomato" for awhile), chocolate chips, and corn chips, and I am sure there are a few more.

In the end, I feel like we are fully stocked for at least a couple of weeks! If I hear, "But mom, we have nothing to eat" at all in the next week or so, I might just scream!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment