Friday, May 31, 2013

Homeschool Conference!

Last night after I picked Megan up from dress rehearsal, I headed down to the Century Link Center for the homeschool conference. I had all three kids along and I wanted to go to a session, so I was curious to see how this would work.

I got checked in and decided on a session that I thought the kids would find some interest in. It was "How old is the earth?" and it was about the debate between evolutionists who say the earth is "millions and millions" of years old creationists who believe it is only about 6,000 years old. It was very interesting and I wish Matt could've been there to hear it. Megan paid attention most of the time and the two younger ones played and colored and entertained themselves.

Afterwards, we took our sack lunch and ate in the halway and then headed down to the curriculum fair.  I knew I probably wasn't going to get them to sit another hour in a session and thought they might like to go shopping instead, so we headed downstairs.

I was right about the shopping! We mingled in that hall for over an hour! And in the end, I couldn't get Courtney to leave! They were supposed to close at 9 pm and at 9:10, we had people coming up to us telling us that they were shutting down.  Courtney didn't get the hint too well and we practically had to drag her out of there! So much for the kid who didn't want to go in the first place!

I am heading back down there today by myself, but have to be home by 4:30 or so to help Megan get ready for her recital tonight. I told Megan I could probably take her back down on Saturday.

It is such a crazy weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment