Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Courtney's favorite subject

I have taught Courtney phonics all year out of "Rod and Staff" grade 1 Phonics book.

She has learned sooooo much and has excelled in reading, but she says it is her worst subject.  The book is very plain and boring, it has no pictures or colors, but it does get right to the point and I think it does a great job! 

Today is our last day of phonics for the year.  This morning she said, "It's the best day of my life!!!"

Too bad we have to pick it up again when we start school next fall!

(To keep her learning out of this book this year, I only did 3 lessons a week and then we did something "fun" on the 4th day.  I knew we were not going to finish it, but that is ok, we homeschool and can spread things out if we have to!)

No comments:

Post a Comment