Monday, May 20, 2013

Counting down!

This week is our second to last week of school. The countdown is on!

We are tapering until the end of the school year.

Megan finished math last Friday. I am hoping not to use Horizons math again next year, I am still on a hunt for a better math program.

This week is the last week for Bible, spelling and handwriting for Megan.
 It is the last week for phonics, spelling, readings, sight words, and math for Courtney.

We have to finish science with both girls next week. We are going to be talking about Newton's laws.

Megan also has to finish her history and reading. I am going to have her read her last two readers and not do her questions that go along with them. They are pretty quick reads, so she could get them done in about a half an hour.

We also have one read-aloud left to do! It is the thickest book of all year and I got half way through and was completely confused! It is called Swift Rivers if anybody is wondering.  I am sure that it is a great book, but I put it down because I wasn't understanding it.  I will probably read it to them and I'm sure it will make much more sense when I have a list of vocabulary words and a set of questions beside me.  I was just hoping to get everything done before her dance recital and our weekend in Des Moines, but this will probably not get done! (Do I even start it then??)

No comments:

Post a Comment