Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Amelia Bedelia

Have you ever heard of the "Amelia Bedelia" books? Courtney loves them!

We have checked about every one out from the library and have read them to her, but since she loves them so much, she is now reading them herself.

For about a month now, I have really noticed her reading has excelled! We have been moving past the beginning books for awhile, but I kind of wanted to find something that she would want to read by herself.

I found them. One day we sat down and read "Amelia Bedelia" and since then, I have heard Courtney reading this book to her brother on quite a few occasions. She keeps reading the same one over and over.


Yesterday I told her we were going to read another one ("Good Driving Amelia Bedelia") and she didn't like the idea at first, but once we got going, she read the whole thing with only a little bit of help! They are long books too!

I'm so happy that reading is coming a lot easier to her, which is great! I am thoroughly impressed!

She is also starting to read things around the house, road signs, etc. and the world is opening up to her!

Her favorite thing lately is to spell things out to us. for example- C-a-n  I  p-l-a-y M-a-r-i-o? and of course we spell everything back. We have a lot of fun with this and it's fun to watch her brain work as we spell things out back to her.

Yay for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment