Monday, August 6, 2012

We Have Started School!

Ok, I have heard enough of the girls begging to start school, so we did today!

We started English and Math. I am using Rod and Staff Curriculum for English (Phonics for Courtney) and Horizons Math for both kids.

I think it went well!  Megan got her math homework done right away and she was begging to do two lessons.  I didn't even have to explain the first lesson to her.

Courtney has a little bit of homework too, she will get it done later. I don't mean to give her homework, I said we could do it together, but she said she wanted to do it as homework. We'll see how this works out.  I am amazed at how much she recalls from last spring. She remembered all her letters and even how to make them. Now to get her to take school seriously and not be so funny all the time. 

My plan is to just do math and English for the next three weeks and then start the rest on Labor Day. I may add in another subject next week, we will see.  I want to ease in slowly, especially since there are two of them and Courtney is new to this! (kind of anyway, but this year, I can't let her out of her lessons because "she's not really in school yet." Now she really is in school and she needs to take it seriously!)

No comments:

Post a Comment