Monday, August 13, 2012

Party was a Success!

I got my house cleaned in time.

With some help, I got food prepared.

Sent Matt out on one last mission to pick up items. (cupcakes, ice cream, buns, and chairs)

Courtney's penguin cake turned out super-cute.

Bounce house arrived and my kids got to enjoy it for a few hours before their friends came over.

Christian got a nap before the festivities.

Friends, friends, and more friends arrived!!! Hopefully they all had a great time! I love having a house full of kids, especially when they run around in their little groups.  I think had about six 5-6 year olds! I had about 4-5 eight to nine year olds! And a whole bunch of two year olds!

Adults arrived and everybody was here!

We ate because everybody was starving, even if we forgot about the hot dogs and had to cook them fast.

We had meant to pray before we ate, but by the time I had gotten everybody in from outside, people were already through the line and eating.

Food was devoured. We had one hot dog and a little bit of sloppy joes left.  Chips were gone and so was most of the pop of which we had 6 2-liters.

I specifically asked my mom to make her famous macaroni salad, but couldn't eat any of it due to food intolerances.  :(  I was kind of bummed when I realized that.

For the first time in Ruwe party history, we opened presents outside. Thanks to some other moms, we got them all outside, opened, and brought back in.  Courtney is going to have a blast with all her new craft supplies and books about bugs. She even got a little shadow box from a friend that she can pin in dead bugs,  we were adding bugs to it last night! She got some money, which is a good hit with her too. Ever since bug camp last week, she wants to buy more fish. (Hers died already!)

We managed to get get six candles on the top of her penguin cake.  We had to blow them out quickly though because of the slight wind. Next time, let me get the video started before we start singing. Everybody sang so fast, I think I only got the last half of the song recorded.  Her cake was made out of rice krispies and covered in frosting, which was milk free, but not soy free.  Courtney and one of her friends had fun eating  the two wings I really hope she doesn't get sick later! It was sure fun seeing her with black frosting all over her mouth.  And who would've thought I should have gotten the wet wipes out for everybody before we started eating rice krispy treats! I think we ate about half of the penguin cake, but only had two cupcakes left out of thirty by the end of the night. Oh and I really wish we would have finished the ice cream off. I really wanted it gone because three of us in our house cannot eat it! Somebody we will be able to again...hopefully!

As for the bounce house, it is definitely something I would invest money in again. I bet all the kid slept great last night! We had about twenty kids here and I really liked it that they were all outside. I let the kids in the playroom with instruction, "No glue, no scissors, no fingernail polish, no fingernail polish remover, no body spray." and I think they all listened well. I didn't have any trouble with these items, this time. :)

There are a few people who I wish I would've had more time to talk to. If you were one of these people, I am very sorry! I always enjoy saying good bye to people too, I came outside at one point and realized a bunch of people had left and I didn't get to thank them for coming! I am very grateful for everybody who came and helped celebrate Courtney.  We invited some new people to our party and hopefully they had a good time.  We are very blessed with great family and friends around us!!!

We are so thankful that God gave us Courtney! She really lights up our life, I guess you can say! She is super-excited to be turning six tomorrow.  I am super-blessed that I have the ability to homeschool and I can enjoy her everyday. I feel privileged as her mom that I can help take her unique characteristic traits and encourage her learning in those specific areas.

I love that she is so compassionate for animals! Let's see, she cried over the bunnies that Dell was digging out of their nest and then again when they died, she encouraged ants to live in our house by feeding them, she has spider friends, she has named our flies, she cried over a dog that had to be put down even though she really didn't like him, etc.  She loves to serve and loves to make others happy.  She is a huge messmaker and is proud of it.  She says the craziest things sometimes and she cannot keep a secret to save her life! You never know what this child may say! If you come to my house and are ready to leave, Courtney is the one that will take your shoes and run off with them or actually crawl into your car and act like she is going home with you!  She is my only child with curly hair and brown eyes!

August 14, 2006 was a great day.  Born at 4:19 pm weighing 8 lbs. 3 oz and being 20 inches long,  Courtney Grace Ruwe became part of our family. She was the scariest delivery of my children with the cord wrapped around her neck four times, we were very thankful that our midwives was experienced and knew what to do with her.  She has been a blessing every since!!


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful party and what a wonderful Grndaughter....God has blessed us with a Courtney, to make us giggle and have fun!!! Love all my grandbabies, being a Grandma is a bigger blessing than I could have ever imagined!! You are doing a great job of parenting!! Love,hugs and prayers, Grandma Lu

    ReplyDelete