Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Bug and Nature Camp

While looking for fun things to do this summer, I ran across a bug and nature camp at Saddlebrook Community Center. I knew Courtney would love this, so we signed her up.

Camp is this week and Courtney loves it! On Monday, they studied ants. They went outside and observed them and even fed them. They did some ant crafts and made "on a stick" for snacks.

Tuesday they studied grasshoppers. The teacher took them outside again and actually caught each student a grasshopper and put it in a plastic bottle. Courtney loves feeding her grasshopper! They also made a grasshopper hat with antenna and had a snack.

Today was all about spiders. They went outside and found spider webs, but no spiders. The teacher had caught some earlier, so they had some in class they could look at. They made a couple of crafts and read some books about spiders.

Tomorrow they are going to learn about worms. They are going to have pudding for a snack, so I bet they are going to make "dirt and worms."

I think this has  been a great thing for Courtney! The only trouble is that with all her food sensitivities, I have to send her own snack and she can't eat the fun thing that they are making. :(  I told her to make it anyway and bring it to me. :)

While Courtney is at camp, I get some time with the other two. Today we went to Parable Bookstore and bought Courtney a Bible for her birthday. We then headed over to Dollar Tree and got black and white dishes/ silverware for her party. I thought black and white would go perfect with her penguin theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment