Friday, August 17, 2012

So Confused!!!

So I went to another orthodontist yesterday and got yet ANOTHER opinion on my teeth and jaw, this is just crazy!!

1. Doctor #1, my general dentist, thinks Invsalign will solve all my problems.

2. Doctor #2. an advanced tmj doctor, recommended physical therapy, medical injections, splints, prescriptions, grinding down my teeth,  etc. He said this would fix ALL my health problems. Sorry, I don't buy it.

3. Doctor #3, first orthodontist, she recommended breaking my bottom jaw (surgery) to pull my jaw forward to match up with my top jaw. I would wear braces for nine months before surgery, during surgery so they could use the wires to wire my jaw together to heal, and then about 6 months after surgery to finish straightening all my teeth.

4. Doctor #4, second orthodontist, he recommended breaking my top jaw (surgery) to tilt it a little bit to meet my bottom jaw!! He also recommended to split the front between my teeth so I could expand my palate.  This would also include the same braces regiment as doctor #3.

Honestly doctor #1 has the cheapest solution, but it doesn't sound like the best solution after talking to orthodontist #1 and #2.  Maybe I should see an oral surgeon and see what he says...

No comments:

Post a Comment