Wednesday, August 29, 2012

School, school, school!

I have had many thoughts about how to get school started. We have been doing English and Math for a couple of weeks to get it going a little bit and to get in the habit of homework, but we were gone for a week and I have been struggling of how to get started again and how to gradually add everything.

My first thought was to continue with math and English this week and add everything but our Sonlight materials (history, reading, and science.) This would include our school intro (pledge of allegiance, calendar work) and bible class.  But then I thought that I should really add our Sonlight stuff first and then the other stuff.

So then I completely changed my mind!  I had Matt help me make a checklist of everything we have to cover in a day and I just dove in! I started on Monday and did a little bit and then yesterday we did a little bit more. By noon today, we had everything done from day 1, this included our school intro, bible class, and all our Sonlight material.  In the end, I just made one days worth of work into two days (or three in this case). 

I will probably do this for this week and next week.  We are having a visitor tomorrow afternoon and we are going camping on Friday, this only leaves the mornings for school.  I will either have to spread the first week out over two weeks or do a crash course next week and get done with week two along with finishing week one.

I am definitely figuring this out, it is very different teaching two children this year instead of one, but after looking and figuring curriculum out all summer, I am very anxious to get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment