Wednesday, May 18, 2011

She does love him :)

As much as Courtney wanted a baby sister when I was pregnant with Christian, I think she really loves her baby brother! Here's why:

I took the kids to Burger King today to have lunch with some friends and to play for awhile. After we were done eating, I took the kids into the play structure and even let Christian climb around. Being the boy he is though, he went straight for the steering wheel. While he is driving away, this other kid -we'll call him the boy in the gray shirt- came over, pushed Christian to the ground, and took over his steering wheel. Christian just sat there with a "I don't know what just happened to me look." He wasn't hurt or anything, so I just let it be. I was hoping to hear a mom tell her kid not to push babies, but nothing.

Next thing I know, I look at Courtney and she looks like she is about to cry! I said, "Did it bother you that that boy pushed Christian over?" and she burst into tears! She was crying over her brother!! I brought her out of the play structure and held her while she cried. I was really hoping a mom in there would say, "Why is she crying? What happened?" but nothing, I wanted to let some mom know what her son did!

So while I am holding Courtney, I look back into the play structure to check on Christian and a boy in a red and white striped shirt has picked him by his armpits. I say, "Put him down! Put him down!" and then I turn around to the mom in there and say, "Is he your son?" and she says no. Again, where are these moms?? So I get myself in there to make sure he puts him down before he drops him. I think this boy wanted to put him back by the steering wheel.

So I am now in the play structure right beside Christian at the steering wheel and the boy in the gray shirt tries to push him over again, I abruptly tell him to stop pushing the baby and he backs off. Luckily it was about time to leave, I don't think Courtney could take those boys being mean to her baby brother any longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment